心に浮かび、かつ消えゆくよしなしごとが、永遠に消えてしまわないように、そこはかとなく書きつけてみようと思います。

2009年2月22日日曜日

Back from Bandung

I've just come back to Jakarta from a two nights stay in Bandung. Anybody familiar with the name? Yes, it's the city were the famous Bandung Conference was held among the Asian and African developing countries maybe about half a century ago.

Around three hours ride on a train towards the east, and there I was in Bangung. Rather chilly compared to Jakarta. Probably coz it's located in the highland.

In the old town, South of the station, there is a big road named Jalan (Street) Asia Africa. Imagining the day of the conference filled me with some deep emotion. THIS was where the leaders of the developing nations first spoke out loudly against colonialism and promissed mutual cooperation. IMPRESSIVE.

My main purpose of the visit to Bandung, however, was not actually to see where the historical conference was held. I have a friend who studies at the medical school in Bandung, and I came to visit her.

The university was located up in the mountains. Campus, HUGE with faculties other than Medicine. When I entered the Med building, I was so surprised to see so many female students. They say medicine is more popular among girls in Indonesia and around 70 percent of the students are female. NEVER new this fact...

My friend invited me into the tutorial room since it was right in the middle of class time when I arrived, and the corridor was so noisy and lively... Maybe like the highschool life we can see in the TV drama Biverly Hills.

Whoops running out of time... To be continued^

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿